Claim Ecard Instructions
Claim your eCard via Email:
1. You will receive an email from eCards@heart.org with a link inviting you to claim your eCard
online. Please make sure to check your spam or junk folder. The link will direct you to the Student
Profile webpage; please confirm that all information on that page (First Name, Last Name, Email,
Phone Number (if entered for claiming by SMS), eCard Code, AHA Instructor Name, and Training
Center information) is correct. If it is not, contact your Training Center.
2. Set up your security question and answer. Accept the terms of the site and click “Submit.”
3. Complete the survey on the course you just completed. Your answers to these questions will help
improve the quality of future AHA training.
4. After you complete the survey, your eCard will display. You can save or print your eCard.
5. Once your eCard has been claimed, you will receive an email notification; please save this
confirmation email for your records.
6. Claiming your eCard is the only way you can show proof of course completion to your employer. If
you need to email your eCard, please see step 5 under “How to View your Claimed eCard”
Claim your eCard via eCards Site:
1. Visit the eCards Search page. On the “Student” tab, enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email
(ensure this is the email address that was used to sign up for the course) OR enter your eCard Code
at the bottom of the page (ask your Training Center for this code). Click “Search.”
2. If all the information was entered correctly, you will be brought to a page that shows “My eCards.”
Look for your eCard that is “Unclaimed” and follow the steps through the site to claim your card,
including setting up a security question and answer. If your eCard cannot be found, contact your
Training Center to verify your information.
Claim your eCard via SMS text:
Note: For students to opt-in to this service, an Instructor or Training Center must FIRST enter the student’s
mobile phone number in the eCards system when issuing an eCard.
1. During or after class, (if your Instructor or Training Center has entered your mobile phone number
into the eCard system) opt-in to claim/view your eCard by texting “eCard” to the number 51736.
2. If the message is sent correctly per the guidance of your Instructor, you will receive instructions via
text message on how to claim your eCard.
3. If a you attempt to opt-in and your number is not in the system, you will receive a message that
your phone number was not found.